When in doubt, close off your cylinders.
If you smell gas: (LPG has a distinct pungent odour.)
- Immediately extinguish all naked flames.
- Turn off any appliance you are using.
- Close ALL cylinders.
Now that you are safe:
- Do not use any naked flame (matches / lighter).
- Do not switch on any electrical appliances or lights.
- Do not use a cell phone in the area.
- Open all the doors and windows.
- Let the gas escape naturally. Do not use an electric fan.
Check for leaks and damage to the gas installation, paying particular attention to:
- The regulator (at the cylinders)
- The bull nose rubber (at the cylinders)
- The flex pipe (joining your appliance to the gas line)
- Hose clamps (joining your appliance to the gas line)
- The supply line (copper pipe outside)
- The appliance itself
If you are not sure you have found the leak, call Gasin.